Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires: “We” or “Company” or “Star Group Dental Refining” means Star Refining . “You” or “Customer” means the person entering into an agreement with us for the sale of precious metals. These terms and conditions together with those described on the Company’s website shall be binding on the customer of Star Group Dental Refining. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States. No failure of Star Group Dental Refining to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions will not be deemed as a waiver of such right or provision. If you would like a copy of the information on our website, please call our customer service department at 888-504-1003.
- All property sent to Star Group Dental Refining by you other than by Fedex must be by a carrier which employs a system whereby your shipment can be traced. All items shipped to us are at your risk but are insured up to $2500 (if shipped by Fedex) at Star Group Dental Refining cost. If you believe your Dental Gold or other property is worth more than $2500 we recommend that you insure your shipment for more at your own expense using any carrier you choose. We also strongly advise that you list the contents on the Shipping Note Mandate which you must return to us.
- Star Group Dental Refining reserves the right to reject delivery of any package which appears to be damaged, opened, or tampered with. Any such item will be returned to you via USPS without any liability to Star Group Dental Refining.
- On receipt of your package, Star Group Dental Refining liability will be limited to the lesser of the following: A) 75% of the certified appraised value of your items that has been appraised within the past 30 days. Star Group Dental Refining reserves the right to verify the appraisal certificate/document with a third party. B) 75% of the wholesale value of your items. C) 85% of the fair market value of the scrap.
- In no event or circumstance will Star Group Dental Refining be liable to any third parties or insurance carriers, nor will Star Group Dental Refining be liable for any consequential or indirect loss. In no event shall Star Group Dental Refining be liable for any damages from the loss or destruction of property in its possession for any reason, including negligence greater in value than set out in 4.
- You agree not to send to Star Group Dental Refining any hazardous materials irrespective of how they are contained or presented especially those containing: Arsenic, Beryllium, Bismuth, Cadmium, Mercury, Nickel, Lead, Antimony, Selenium, Tin, Tellurium or any other toxic elements. You agree to any liability incurred and agree to hold the company harmless in dealing with the proper waste disposal of the hazadous materials and indemnify the company in respect of any liabilty created by the hazadous material.
- To receive this service Star Group Dental Refining must receive a minimum weight of 30 grams of precious metals, if less than 30 grams is received by Star Group Dental Refining there will be a $35 charge deducted from the payment. If non precious metals are sent to Star Group Dental Refining we reserve the right to charge for these items to be returned.
- You have read, understood and agreed to Star Group Dental Refining purchasing policy and that if we are unsuccessful in contacting you for more than 1 month from the pack received date we reserve the right to process your property (and make payment) without further reference to you and that once processed, the property cannot be recovered. Furthermore once you have agreed with Star Group Dental Refining valuation and asked for payment this is an irrevocable transaction binding both you and Star Group Dental Refining.
- Star Group Dental Refining does not purchase any material that does not contain precious metals. These items can be returned and Star Group Dental Refining reserves the right to return these items at your expense.
- Star Group Dental Refining will not be held responsible for loss or damaged gem stones contained in jewellery that is sent to us for valuation additionally by sending us your jewellery you accept that the process of determining a value involves placing certain acids on the gold, silver or platinum and this can leave permanent staining and/or scratches.
- Once your items have been received at our refinery they may be assayed with acids to determine a valuation based on that day’s precious metal markets. We will try and make contact with you the same day by the preferred method of communication you indicated on your Shipping Note Mandate if a quote discrepency occurs (see number 8). Once you have accepted the valuation payment will be made by your preferred method.
- Star Group Dental Refining will make payment by the preferred method as chosen by you on the Shipping note mandate, cheque payments are posted within 24 hours of receipt of your items at no charge as long as there is no quote discrepency. Same day bank transfers incur a $30 charge which is deducted from payment and sent within 48 hours of receipt of your returned pack. Cash payments are sent by next day Fedex incur a charge of $35 and will be deemed to be received if signed for at the address given for payments.
- If you decide not to accept our valuation after a quote discrepency your goods will be returned to you at Star Group Dental Refining cost within five working days (5 days) from when you declined our offer to purchase. Star Group Dental Refining will insure the item for no more than the amount offered by Star Group Dental Refining up to a maximum of $2500 regardless of what it was insured for when mailed by the customer to Star Group Dental Refining. Unless Star Group Dental Refining is otherwise notified by the customer in written form (email or fax) prior to the return of the shipment and the customer agrees to pay for any extra insurance Star Group Dental Refining shall, in its sole discretion, choose the return carrier, insurance and receipt verification method for each transaction.
- Star Group Dental Refining refinery and administration hours of business are Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm. We are not open on Saturday, Sundays or US Holidays. If your material arrives or your acceptance falls within the last two hours of any working day your contact call or payment will be made/processed on the next business day following the weekend or holiday.
- You warrant to Star Group Dental Refining that you have: a) Good and marketable title to the property you send in; and b) Full authority to sell and transfer said property; and that c) Said property is sold free of all liens, encumbrances, liabilities, and adverse claims of every nature and description whatsoever; and that d) Said property is not from, or the result of, illegal activity in this country or any other country; and that e) You are at least Eighteen (18) years of age; and that f) Any transaction initiated by you will not cause Star Group Dental Refining to be in violation of any anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, or other applicable law of the US, or any country; and that g) You are the actual legal owner of any and all property offered to be sold to Star Group Dental Refining (Star Group Dental Refining may, but shall not be required to, ask you to provide documentation or other proof of such ownership) and you are acting on your own behalf.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Star Group Dental Refining against any and all liability, claims, suits, losses, costs and legal fees (paid in advance) caused by, arising out of, or resulting from any breach or claimed breach of these terms and conditions, including claims brought by third parties.
- Star Group Dental Refining reserve the right to change these terms and conditions and advise you to revisit our website, StarDentalCrowns.com, periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current terms and conditions. Additionally, we will prominently note on our website that our terms and conditions have been changed and provided you did not elect to no longer receive correspondence from us, you will be notified via e-mail that such changes have been made.
Please call us at 888-781-6776 if you have any questions.
All editorial content and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied without the express permission of the copyright holder, which reserves all rights. Re-use of any of editorial content and/or graphics online for any purpose is strictly prohibited. The materials from this site are not available for commercial, informational or noncommercial uses online or offline unless express written permission is given. Copying or adapting the HTML or any other language created to generate these pages is also strictly prohibited and protected by copyright. Certain content and graphics originating from the federal government are not covered under copyright.
Privacy Notice Table of Contents:
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
Our Commitment To Privacy
All editorial content and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied without the express permission of the copyright holder, which reserves all rights. Re-use of any of editorial content and/or graphics online for any purpose is strictly prohibited. The materials from this site is not available for commercial, informational or noncommercial uses online or offline unless express written permission is given. Copying or adapting the HTML or any other language created to generate these pages is also strictly prohibited and protected by copyright. Certain content and graphics originating from the federal government are not covered under copyright.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on any of our websites. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
Credit/Debit Card Information
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient’s address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How To Access Or Correct Your Information
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.